Find The Best Boat Hire in Miami.
1 - 18 of 658 listings
Boat Hire & Yacht Rentals in Miami
From its Art Deco District and renown Cuban-infused cuisine to its warm, clear waters, Miami has so much to offer to travelers. One activity that’s always consistently named to lists of things to do in Miami? Hiring a yacht. There’s nothing quite like spending the day relaxing in the ocean breeze and soaking up some rays, and by the time you dock on shore, you’ll see fabulous views of Miami’s famed skyline.
If you’ve been looking for a great place for a boat hire, Miami is a perfect location. With GetMyBoat, you can find over 600 different yacht charters, boat hire, and on-the-water experiences.
Plus, many boat owners also offer extras like lunch or dinner onboard, jet skis, sea kayaks, and other amenities to add to your trip. We’ve also helped people book their bucks party and hens parties, destination weddings, milestone birthdays, anniversary trips, and honeymoon excursions. We would recommend finding a captained charter unless you or someone in your group has the experience and licensing to take a bareboat hire out on the water.
In addition to yachts, we have jet ski hire, deep sea fishing charters, sea kayaks, party pontoon hire, and surfing lessons available. We can’t wait for you to experience everything Miami has to offer.
7 Reasons to Hire a Boat in Miami
With so many things to do in South Florida, you might be trying to decide between planning a boat hire or spending a day doing something on land.
There are tons of great reasons to book a boat hire in Miami, but here are our top seven.
1. Enjoy the relaxing and therapeutic benefits of being out on the water, which has been known to have a calming and rejuvenating effect on people
2. Get some natural Vitamin D from the sun (though we also recommend broad-spectrum sunscreen)
3. Spend time with friends and family, because it’s a great way to catch up
4. Learn something new, whether it’s seeing how a new-to-you type of watercraft operates or advancing your sailing skills
5. Take a break from electronics and devices for a few hours
6. Spot some interesting wildlife, ranging from sea and ocean birds to dolphins, whales, sharks, and more
7. Cool off during Miami’s hot and humid summer months, or bask in the relative warmth during Florida’s mild winters
Once you’re booked, get ready for your excursion! Whether you pack travel-sized items in your luggage or you’re planning to pick up some odds and ends locally, there are a few essentials you should pack into your beach tote for a day offshore:
• Broad-spectrum sunscreen protects against both UVA and UVB rays. Apply at least 20 minutes prior to going outside and reapply every two hours (more frequently if you’re sweating or swimming). While sunbathing feels nice, you don’t want to risk sun damage – and a nasty sunburn can really put a damper on the rest of your trip!
• Sunglasses are a must-have for reducing glare and they can help you avoid wrinkles around your eyes. Polarized ones are a good pick if you have them, since they help with boaters’ fatigue.
• A cover-up and a sun hat are also key, and they let you layer up for lounging or dressing down for a dip in the ocean. Many yachts have sun shades or cabins where you can get out from the sun, but it’s always good to bring a cover-up to be safe.
• Waterproof smartphone cases are a good idea, especially if you’d rather avoid having to replace your phone due to water damage (or losing it altogether in the ocean).
We also recommend downloading our free GetMyBoat mobile app (available on iOS and Android) to stay up-to-date with communication from the boat owner and clarify any details around meeting location, weather, and tips.
Onshore Things to Do in Miami
Besides its warm, humid weather and white sand beaches, Miami is known for its vibrant nightlife, spas, restaurants, and diverse history. Once you’ve docked for the day, we recommend finding some great Latin cuisine; while Cuban seems obvious, there are also incredible Venezuelan, Peruvian, and Colombian restaurants throughout the city. Be sure to hydrate after a day out on the water – sun exposure can be quite dehydrating – especially if you plan to partake in cocktails and dancing in the evening. Another popular activity is to relax and decompress at one of Miami’s many luxury spas for a massage or scrub.
Looking for something a bit more structured? While planning your trip, we’d suggest adding these tours and activities to your list:
• Explore Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
• Take in a Marlins, Canes, or Dolphins game
• Walk the Art Deco District
• Wander through Little Havana
• Check out Wynwood Walls
• Adventure in one of Miami’s state or national parks, like Oleta River State Park or Everglades National Park
Top destinations nearby
GetMyBoat customer reviews for boat rentals in Miami.
From start to finish the process was effortless. Communication was efficient and quick. Our captain and first mate were exceptional and really helped to make this experience one for the books! The boat is beautiful. I would recommend this to anyone. Thank you Julian and Co!
Fernando and his team are the best! We took one of his yachts out for my 30th birthday and had the most amazing time. He was so accommodating and even picked up drinks for the boat for us so we wouldn't have to lug them from South Beach. 10/10!!
The watercraft was excellent for 6 people… great kitchen area & outside seating and bow deck space. Alejandro was our Capt & Camilo as First Mate- excellent service! I’m from coastal NC with water experience and this exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend.
Our boating experience with Julian was 10/10! The listing, communication, experience, and hospitality were beyond exceptional. We enjoyed our time on the boat. Highly recommend booking for your next boating experience. Thank you again!
I had a great experience throughout. Easy communication I booked this boat less than four hours before we left the dock! The captain was a true joy and knew some of the more scenic routes to take us around. Will definitely book again when I’m in Miami!
Captain Fernando and Louis were very attentive and great communicators. Highly Recommended. The yacht was clean and offers plenty of space to relax, party or just see the sights. We opted to bring our own drinks and finger foods and Louis took it from there... making sure we had what we needed. They also have a catering service if you'd rather go that route.